Sunday 30 March 2014

A Trying Two Weeks

Well if you've been following my blogs you will probably have noticed that I have been posting every week like clockwork but I missed posting last week.
 
These last two weeks have been busy, difficult, trying but eventually eventful!
 
I have a new job and a new house. I have resigned from my old job and handed in notice on my current house.
 
Doing two of the most stressful things a person can do is not always good for training but I have managed to get out for a couple of longish (15 mile) walks and a few short, fast 5 mile walks. I have also been on the treadmill a couple of times and done 3 days of Insanity workouts. So I have managed to keep the fitness up as well as the stress levels!
 
Once I move I believe my stress will all be gone as this is the view from the front window of my new house. Ramsey here I come!!
 
More good news is that we now have an extra hour of daylight. No more "I don't feel like going out in the dark" excuses.
 
With only two weeks to go before the Sara Killey I am feeling that my enthusiasm to train is waning a little and I need something to kick-start me again. Sometimes I almost feel like I'm forcing myself out the front door, but every time I go out I thoroughly enjoy the training!
 
Injury is also rearing it's ugly head again. All winter the tendons in my right foot have been fine, but as the weather is warming up my tendons are aching more and more.
 
Yesterday evening I did a relatively slow 10.5 mile walk but today my foot is swollen and the tendons are very pronounced. This seems to be a repeat of last year's injury, but this year I'm more aware of it and will get it treated as soon as possible.
 
It's less than 12 weeks to the Parish Walk so this is not the time to "lose the mojo" and not the time to get injured.
 
My tip of the day: Keep up the training and try to stay injury free. With only 10 weeks serious training left make the most of the time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph. Haha! I have only just realised that you'd moved to Douglas and there you are,gone again.

    How do you lace your shoes? I used to suffer with sore tendons on the top of my feet but Bridget showed me a different method of tying them and just by moving the point where you make the bow unbelievably made the difference for me and a good few other bods I've shown since.

    ReplyDelete